Dienstag, 19. Juni 2007

Welcome - Lumela - Willkommen

Welcome to my blog! I'll try to keep ya's informed about my time with Camara in Lesotho and the following weeks in South Africa!
If you don't know what I am talking about, you only understand 'Bahnhof' and you are fluent in German, here is the explanation:


'Ein Weblog [ˈwɛblɒg], häufig abgekürzt als Blog [blɒg] (engl.Wortkreuzung aus Web und Log), ist ein digitales Journal. Es wird am Computer geschrieben und im World Wide Web veröffentlicht ... Die Tätigkeit des Schreibens in einem Blog wird als bloggen
bezeichnet. Blog und bloggen sind offizielle Begriffe und im Duden eingetragen.'
Quelle: Wikipedia

Well if your German isn't that fluent... tough! ;-) But believe me it isn't that interesting and far from important, it's just a German thing that we like to know this kind of stuff...

'Frieden - Regen - Wohlstand' eine passende Umschreibung für die Insel Éire auf der ich lebe?! Zutreffend allemal, aber nicht so ganz werbewirksam, oder?

Die in Lesotho lebenden Basotho sehen das anders, denn 'Khotso - Pula - Nala' ist das Motto dieses Berg-Königreiches innerhalb Südafrikas. Wer mal in Afrika war und erlebt hat welchen Stellenwert Wasser dort bekommt, der vergi(e)ßt schnell die europäisch negative Konnotation von Regen und versteht die Harmonie dieses Dreiklangs...

I am flying to Lesotho at the end of June and I will spent there five weeks with a team of Camara volunteers to train teachers in ICT! I am really looking forward to that trip as I am since a few month working volunteerily in our workshop in the Dublin Docklands to refurbish and send out the computers as well as gaining the knowledge we will need for our trainings!

Keine Kommentare: